Does anyone know how to change the name of my blog? I've decided that it's not really what I want it to be called but it suited at the time - now I am more like a whimpering cyber shut-in who can't believe how big the cyber world is and how much there is for me to see.
One of my uni readings concerned 19th century flaneurs who spent their lives strolling through French arcades in order to see and be seen - and get this - to get the pace right, some would even have a turtle on a leash in order to slow down their stroll! I don't know what's more weird, walking a turtle, or walking as slow as a turtle!! But anyway my point is, there were comparisons made with cyber-flaneurs of today who spend their time wandering through cyberspace. It's so addictive! So much to see, always going deeper and deeper! I have to be so careful because this leads to this which leads to that and then suddenly an hour or more has gone by, time that would have been more productively spent doing - hmmm I don't know - maybe cleaning the house, washing the dishes, or even - shock! horror! STUDY!! But now that's just being silly isn't it?
Wishing everyone a happy and fulfilling day.
I like the idea of a cyber flaneur - although wandering as slowly as a turtle through cyberspace would make me think my broadband has busted! It is a time suck though, some times I think I'll just check emails and 2 hours later ...
ReplyDeleteHi - anyone who understands and uses the term flaneur in a correct context gets a big thumbs up from me ...
ReplyDeleteNot sure how you change the name of you blog - I think you go to settings and there should be a box marked 'title' just delete the content and put in the new one.
I am only just putting my blog out there for such cyber-flaneurs as yourself to saunter through. Enjoy and I hope you manage to change the name to what you want. Gail x
I'm not sure how to reply to a comment separately so will have to reply to you together - sorry about that :-(
ReplyDeleteMy first thought is to you Studentmum and about your broadband being broken - do you remember when all we used to have was dial up? Dial Up - I hear myself shriek - NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! And we thought it was so good when we first got it!
Thanks for the support Gail - it was lovely to hear from you and I hope your PhD is coming along well. No success with the name change yet so I may have to just keep it :-(
Thanks to both of you for your blogs - they entertain me and encourage me to continue with my studies - particularly when I am feeling horrendously swamped!
From one cyber-flaneur to others - wishing you all the best!!